Friday, July 18, 2008

Musings from afar

Isn't it somewhat odd that the price of a barrel of Oil goes down as the price goes up! Isn't it odd that the Government bails everyone out except us! Isn't it odd that people with Food Stamps buy better cuts of meat than we do! Isn't it odd that the Car Manufacturers buy up all the patents on alternative fuel ideas! Isn't it odd that McCain and Obama are both running on the War platform while the economy goed in the tank(I know "tank was a poor pun")! Isn't it odd that Iraq does not have any Oil for us! Isn't it odd that China is holding the Olympics and Tibet is not!
Okay let's get real, we are pawns in a game the Government plays, if all was well, why would we need to go vote for a President, maybe it is me, but this is what I would call perfect timing..
Does it strike you as odd that we care so little about Africa, obviously they have nothing we want or need. By the way, how do you run unopposed and call it an election, Mugabe seems to think it is on the up and up..
I do not profess to be an economist, but then again, after seeing and hearing most economists lately, I guess I could profess to be as good as they are!
Lastly, someone please tell CNN that there is a Republican candidate for president, I am aware that all networks are somewhat biased(somewhat is slang for REALLY), but I honestly think that not mentioning a candidate of the only other major party goes well beyond bias. Granted, McCain is more like a Mummy than a candidate, at least comment on the Mummy aspect!! Well that is all I have for this Sunny day in Florida, I will be busy for a week or so with visitors from the Northland of Philadelphia and Virginia, By the way, SAM the Mets are tied for first with the Phillies!!!
Until next time, Good Night Mrs. Calabash

1 comment:

Sully said...

Albert! McCain is "more like a mummy than a candidate."

That's very cold.

Someday you're going to be seventy years old.
Sull