Saturday, August 9, 2008

Wandering in the Desert

Well I tried to watch the opening ceremonies of the Olympics last night, obviously, I have way too much time on my hands! Sorta reminded me of Ralph Macchio, wax on wax off!! It was Definetly a spectacle, but then again at my age, a squirrel running across the lawn is a spectacle! I read where the Russians have invaded a portion of Georgia(the republic of Georgia), sounds like an adventure! It appears Oil prices have started to show a decline, and the price of Gas here in Central Florida has dropped to $3.61 a Gallon, and the Market is showing signs of improvement, however, the Housing market remains stagnant and sales are still considerably off. I have begun to realize that retired takes work, you now must wake up each morning and find a reason to get out of bed, on my part, I still work a full-time job, but it is still tough to remember that there is something going on outside your Gated Community! If I did not read the Newspaper(Village Sun which is a newspaper that never has any bad news), I would be totally lost! What I find fascinating is that we have dozens of Clinics, Urgent Care Centers, Hospitals, Nursing Homes, etc, but not one Funeral Home(It appears no one ever dies here), sounds like a plot to me!! Life here is more like STEPFORD everyday, Pool, Mail, Walk, Pot Luck Suppers, Kibitzing with the neighbors, and going out to eat, everything planned and scheduled! It is a Major event when a police car turns on their siren(WOW)!! Lady Lake is a community that has a Town Hall, Sheriff's Dept and 100's of shops and malls, and of course the ever presented Laser Surgery clinics, and more Medical Centers than people! Ramblings are what I live for, so this peiece should give me new hope.. As for the boys in PA, Sam has his golf and is Beginning to prepare for the revisitation of the Snow Mobiles across his land this winter, and of course he is still hoping that the now Potentless Phillies rally and make it to the Series(And I thought I was a dreamer!!), Jase is preparing for busy as a Dance Instructor(At least he has given up his recreational attacks on the Possum, Badger, or whatever was invading his yard!), and finally there is Sully, the Robe wearing Patrone of the Au Natural acreage he calls home, Sully missed his calling(VITO CORLEONE). Well until next time, I will be Wandering in the Desert.

No comments: